Night's Song

Whisper to me from the eaves of your soul
Touch your breath upon my lips and
Make my skin sing the song of appeasement.

I feel the leaves rustle overhead in the canopy of stars
And in the breath of night.
Sweet the fragrance of stars dripping yellow and pink
upon the fertile landscape below.

Hold my feet fast to your heart to let me feel the thrum of you.
Guide my hand to the earth and let her part under my fingertips.

The verdant night bestows all of her numinous grace upon me.
Sleep, oh moon upon my eyes,
Soft in your waxing and waning upon the imprint of my soul.

Copyright 2010 Audrey Howitt

Comments

  1. Another most wondrously done poem of imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant!!

    Kathy
    http://www.thetruckerswife.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and thoughts--thank you for stopping by! I don't always reply here, but always try to reciprocate--so hang in there, I will be over to your blog in a jiffy!

Popular Posts