small kindnesses




Morguefile
ttronslien


I turn and watch
see the face beside me
engaged in frustration
pulling out the correct amount
for coffee
her four-year-old pulling at her jacket
distraction is the flavor of the day

she searches for a penny or a nickel or something
torn between two worlds

my five is ready
I place it on the counter quickly
just to see her eyes change
to see the person underneath

startled, she reveals just a bit
all in her eyes


copyright/all rights reserved 2021





Comments

  1. Beauty in the mundane. Kindness to perfectly fit the situation. Lovely poetry on a summer morn. Thank you my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and thoughts--thank you for stopping by! I don't always reply here, but always try to reciprocate--so hang in there, I will be over to your blog in a jiffy!

Popular Posts