Cranes






Paper Cranes Hiroshima
Danapit





i write in stillness,
the afternoon floating by.
clouds are like words
creating impressions in the sky
unfolding at their own pace.


soon the moment will pass
and i will fold that bit
of poem
into tiny folds

a crane for peace
a crane for memory
they take their positions
on bits of string
flocking toward blue
sliding by in the distance.


copyright/all rights reserved

I know I  have missed a couple for NaPoWriMo. So I think this might be #11???

The Journey Inward.

Comments

  1. Lovely poem and lovely thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! What a wonderful piece. Ever since I came upon the legend of a wish granted to whoever folds 1000 origami cranes, I have been enchanted with the notion and, of course, with origami cranes ... such beauty hidden is a single sheet of paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a peaceful, reflective feel to this. I agree about the wording "clouds are like words"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the crane imagery and metaphor.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and thoughts--thank you for stopping by! I don't always reply here, but always try to reciprocate--so hang in there, I will be over to your blog in a jiffy!

Popular Posts