Shredding Patience




The MorgueFile



i know i should be patient
allow each movement its own time

i  know i cannot move others
with my tapping
or my ears whining in the wind.

but  i would like to.

there was a time when
i would have ripped
paper
until
my fingers bled

now i look aside and hope that it is enough.

i breathe
and then breathe again,
counting breaths,
the small responses.


maybe that is better,
but i still imagine
shreds on the floor
around my feet.


copyright/all rights reserved Audrey Howitt 2015

My Day 2 NaPoWriMo
The Journey inward


Comments

  1. There are things in this world that need shredding--but it takes time and patience to learn which, and when it is a waste of time. I especially like the second stanza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said!
    Some things are out of our control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last stanza is amazing to me. It seems so sad, but also really strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this reminds of me of those who are 'cutters' - now, shredders. curious, and powerful ~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and thoughts--thank you for stopping by! I don't always reply here, but always try to reciprocate--so hang in there, I will be over to your blog in a jiffy!

Popular Posts